The rental market is now stronger and safer than ever with excellent returns being paid to Landlords on their capital investment.
However, there can be pitfalls in letting a property for the non-professional by perhaps choosing a bad tenant or not handling a legal or maintenance issue within the current frameworks of the law.
RA Flatt Residential Letting are here to guide you through the marketing of your property, choosing of a tenant, demanding rent, handling maintenance issues, issuing legal notices, negotiating rent increases and deposit returns and disputes.
We offer services such as Tenant Find Only and Fully Managed – each can be tailored to suit your needs.
If you currently own or intend to purchase residential property for rental in or around Cheltenham, Gloucester and/or Tewkesbury, you should consider engaging our services. You’ll find them both professional and cost-effective.
Maximise the return on your investment – contact us for a free, no obligation rental valuation of your property.
Our Tenant Find Service involves:
- Marketing & advertising on the most efficient property portals, and where possible we will erect a sign board
- Carry out viewings
- Collect and remit initial month’s rent received and deposit
- Deduct any pre-tenancy invoices
- Deposit registration (per Security Deposit)
- Arrange safety testing necessary for the tenancy to commence
- Arrange all tenancy paperwork including tenancy agreement
- Advise all relevant utility providers of changes
- Forward all tenancy paperwork to assist the landlord in the management of the tenancy from the move in date
- Continued support with any questions or advice needed during the tenancy
Our Fully Managed Service includes all of the above plus:
- Pursue non-payment of rent and provide advice on rent arrears actions
- Advise all relevant utility providers of changes at the beginning and end of the tenancy
- Negotiate and arrange return of deposit, including handling a dispute with the Government Approved Deposit Scheme
- Generate Landlord’s end of year tax statement
- Out-of-hours emergency service
- Arrange rent and legal protection
- Tenancy renewals (free of charge)
- Pay any required bills on the Landlord’s behalf, such as building management, insurance, etc…
- Undertake regular routine inspections of the property (1st at 3 months, then every 6 months)
and notify landlord of the outcome
- Arrange routine repairs and instruct approved contractors to quote and carryout works as needed
- Hold keys throughout the tenancy term
- Liaise with tenants before, during, and at the end of the Tenancy
- Negotiate rent increases and tenancy renewals
- Advise on non-resident tax status and HMRC (if relevant)